Everybody is talking about it—diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace. Let’s start with the definitions:
- Diversity is the presence of differences within a given setting.
- Equity is the process of ensuring that processes and programs are impartial, fair, and provide equal possible outcomes for every individual.
- Inclusion is the practice of ensuring that people feel a sense of belonging in the workplace.
Consider your team:
- Are all voices represented in meetings?
- Are all perspectives equally valued?
- Are all opinions considered and well represented in decision-making processes?
- Do all employees feel safe sharing viewpoints and experiences?
. . . read more.